Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Nostalgia revisited

On Saturday 13th I have seen heartbreaking news on hostel television about the blast at German Bakery in Pune. I was very upset as I used to go to that place when I was there in Pune for my summer internship.

Pune is just like my 2nd home. Since childhood I have been visiting Pune quite often whether with my parents as a kid or with my friends for parties as a blooming bud. I have seen Pune changing upon a time span. Even though Pune is a cosmo city now, u can get feel of being “Punekar” after living in Pune. This might be d reason why my parents love this city too.

There is so much to write about Pune as a whole, right from food, people, culture, history, temples n so on. Those will be a separate blogs in themselves. Well writing specifically about German bakery I will say it’s a good place to spend time with ur friends, Gf/bf or even if u r alone! After company hours, we used to visit Koregaon Park often n meeting point for us used to be German Bakery. We used to attend Rock shows at Hard rock cafĂ© which used to be almost on every Wednesday or Thursday, but before that we always used to halt at GB for eating our favorite stuff. I have tried almost all pastries, apple/banana straddle, fresh juices, ilichi tea, coffee, vegetable and fruit salads and burger. Everything here is so unique in taste that even while typing my mouth starts watering. Everything here is value for money. Not as costly as compared to other eat outs in Koregaon park.

Ambiance is very unique n simple. Seemingly not heavy investment was made in this project. Uneven wooden seating, dim light, rattan walls, mats give it retro German look. Here u will find people with laid back attitude mostly foreigners. They come here to fill hour or two with their preferred items on menu. Some couples will occupy one wooden bench which is not easily visible to all just to get cozy with each other. Some lonely souls come here to read their books. GB is also considered as an advertising hub. You could see many posters on wall pasted there. Overall ambience is good, people can enjoy here.

I feel very bad about what has happened with this lovely place. I hope Machiavellian minds behind this heinous crime will be caught soon n will be given harsh punishment. I would love to see this place as lovely as it used to be when I will visit Pune again.

3 comments:

  1. hey pranav..nice to see your 1st blog and wel-come to blogers world...i hope you will enjoy, and cherish these moments as you will blog oftenly...and by the way nice article..

    ReplyDelete